# Meta Data
All the data driven components in CGView have the ability to contain meta data.
Meta data (i.e. user-defined key:value pairs) can be stored simply as an object
property named meta on most objects.
* adding through constructor
* adding though add actions (e.g. addFeatures(data, meta))
* meta can be in data for per obejct data
* can also be added as second argument to be added all features (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET)
* meta data is never used by CGView
* good place to store extra data for external projects (e.g. proksee)
* example would be extra qualifier tag data for features
* only if meta data exists for an object, will it be exported in json
* meta data will also be imported from json
* HOW will meta data merge options.meta and constructor meta argument. Is the meta argument needed?
* to_json: default will be to export all meta data. Have option to ignore meta data.