CGView.js is a **C**ircular **G**enome **View**ing
tool for visualizing and interacting with small genomes.
This software is an adaptation of the Java program [CGView](https://paulstothard.github.io/cgview/).
CGView.js is the genome viewer of Proksee, an expert system for genome assembly,
annotation and visualization.
- Circular and linear views of genomes
- Capable of drawing genomes up to 10 Mbp with 1000's of features and 100's contigs
- Smooth zooming down to the sequence level
- Easily generate features and plots directly form the sequence (e.g. ORFs, GC-content and GC-Skew)
- Save high resolution PNG maps up to 8000x8000px
- Fully documented API for interacting with CGView.js maps
# Getting Started
- Install with npm:
npm install --save cgview
- See [Installation Instructions](docs.html#s.setup)
for additional ways to setup CGView.js.
- See the [tutorials](tutorials/index.html) for how to create maps.
- See the [CGViewBuilder tutorial](tutorials/tutorial-builder.html) to build maps directly from GenBank files.
- See the [docs](docs.html) for how to programmatically interact with maps.
- See the [API](api/index.html) for additional details.
# Citing CGView
Publication in progress...
- CGView.js was written by Jason Grant
- Email general questions to the CGView.js team at [CGView Inquiry](mailto:email@example.com?subject=CGView.js%20Inquiry)
- Report bugs and suggest features on [GitHub](https://github.com/stothard-group/cgview-js)
Map of _Mycoplasma pneumoniae_ FH
([NZ_CP010546](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NZ_CP010546.1)). See the
[tutorial](tutorials/tutorial-builder.html) for how this map was generated.
More examples can be found [here](examples/index.html).
The map below can be moved around by dragging and zoomed by using your
touchpad/mouse scroll. The legend colors can be changed by clicking on the
swatches. The viewer object for this map can be accessed in your browser
custom controls created in the tutorial Map